Friday, January 21, 2011

Please excuse me while i boast.

So just felt like having a little show off. Happened to get up to a few funky little creative ventures over the holidays and thought you guys might like to see them! here it goes..... 

1. My Birthday Cake

Had a 'Starlight Picnic' on New Years Eve to celebrate my birthday. It was fun fun fun. In my head i envisaged a Black Forest Cake as my birthday cake. It was a true labour of love having to source Kirsch, a cherry liqueur, and buy a bucket load of ingredients. In the end i think it looked better than it tasted- probably needed more liqueur in it!







2. My Tie-dyed Christmas Presents


Don't you just love them? Kids really enjoy wearing them and i love that it's an original piece of artwork made just for them. My tie-dying represents an image i have of God - instead of a boring black-and-white dull God, i see him as a swirling, technicolour mass of creative power. Fireworks. Synapses firing. Electrified life straight from the source. All my creative power, not my ability to make pretty things, but my creative power, my power to bring something forth- a dream, an idea, all comes from this place. This swirling, rainbow mass of brilliance. Pretty deep for a tie-dyed shirt, eh? Well, that's just me really. I'm smarter than i look, deeper than i act and more spiritual than i seem...errr, hopefully.

Shirt with capped sleeves for a little girl



1 comment: