Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The tree awakes

Then the Lord said to me "Look Jeremiah! What do you see?"
And i replied, "I see a branch from an almond tree"
Jeremiah 1:11

The almond tree, the 'awakening' tree, is the first tree to be seen by Jeremiah. It's the first tree to bud in spring, to bring forth life. To signal that the restlessness of winter has passed and the reawakening of spring has begun. It's beautiful, yes. Delicate white blossoms punctuating its graceful arching branches. But it's so much more than its beauty. It's moving with the season, with change. It's being a pioneer, a prophet. It's being true to its nature while never staying the same. It's unrelenting creativity. It's passion and purpose. The awakening tree is my new symbol for this year. When i wake up in the morning i want to see an almond branch.........

2 comments:

  1. BEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I Love you. Made me cry. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Bea. I'm picturing that almond tree. Almond nuts are the best too!

    ReplyDelete